Sunday, August 5, 2012

Dream On

A few  months ago, I had my first dream about you. Why it took so long and what it was about still alludes and haunts me ...
I didn't even see you in it, I just heard your voice and you were behind a small wall, telling me to go.

Last night, I had the first real dream. I came into a room and my Grandma and Grandpa Rake were there. Grandpa was standing behind Grandma who was sitting in a rocking chair with her eyes closed. (I don't remember ever seeing her in a rocking chair.) Grandpa looked healthy and happy and had that big grin on his face and was so happy to see me. Grandma opened her eyes with a startled look, saw me, smiled and said "Honey, Kenna's here."
I looked around and you were outside open french doors on a veranda with your back to me. You turned around and I ran and hugged you. It was a hug like nothing I've ever felt. I know it became hard for you to be physically affectionate with anyone and you always kept a slight distance, understandably so. But this time, you just melted into me, and me into you and it was the best feeling I can remember in so long. I couldn't let go and you didn't let go. It was the most serene, loving, amazing and peaceful connection.
Then I noticed the beautiful sunset and that everything was a pure, indescribable soft, yet bright white.
Everyone was draped softly in white, wispy, flowing cloth. No words...
Then I awoke.
My first thought was to cry because I didn't want to leave you, not then, not ever.
Then I realized it appeared to be similar to the stories people tell when they are revived after technically dying but being revived. I had been talking about that topic with friends this week so maybe I just continued the conversation in my sleep. I don't know what I believe anymore but what I do know is:

Karma
When I see you, you are seeing me.

Thank you for coming. If this is what I have to look forward to, it will be so hard to wait, but I think that was the message. Live now the best I can, look forward to reuniting with you and my loved ones gone before. I always believed everyone would be together some day, but this was the first time since you left that I actually realized you were all together.
I'm trying, honey, but I will always need all of your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment